Weekend Fun

Saturday
Hey guys, long time! :) Been busy starting an IT company with my awesome pals have a lot of projects of which I would be willing to share with all of you in due time. Tonight before I hit the sack, I decided its time I do a bit of blogging with this ol' rig of mine before it goes offline for a couple of days.

My Machine
 
 I own a Dell D620 its really old and as you can see from those highly descriptive images its an old bugger! Well it wasn't my cup of tea, but I think it was the best thing that my dad has ever done for me by giving it to me as a hand me down. :) . Its as old as when XP first came out, I got it at around June 2012 and it had a dual boot of Windows XP and Ubuntu Studio. The first thing I did was upgrade it to Windows 8. Yes, you heard that right, that hunk o junk can handle that shit. My modded rig has an upgraded ram of 3GB, 320GB HDD and lots of duck tape by my TLC.

Well Anyway, this weekend am doing a full upgraded to 8.1!! Yes, yes its not out yet, but I can handle the RTM version thats been leaked out. and I do have a key. ;)


And am going to be upgrading everything!!! Software-wise that is. Here are a couple of softwares you expect on my rig.

  1. Office 13 Pro Plus Full Activation
  2. Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 Beta
  3. Eclipse 4.2 (Juno) + Java 5update40
  4. Brackets Sprint 30 and Sublime 3.0 Beta
  5. Adobe CC and a bit of CS6 Master Collection
  6. Eset or Norton AV
  7. uTorrent
  8. Android Studio + Updated Android Tools(4.3) + Phonegap and Cordova
  9. Filezilla
  10. Vmplayer IBM DB2 + Cent OS 6 
  11. Daemon tools
  12. VLC v2.0.9 + ITunes
  13. Plex Media Server + Servio (for my DLNA Needs)
  14. R-Studio
  15. IDM + Chrome(adblock + tampermonkey + pocket) + Firefox
  16. Dropbox + Google Drive
  17. DomDomSoft Manga + Anime Downloader + CDisplay
  18. Picasa Photo Viewer( The best viewer out there hands down)
  19. Skype
  20. Unity 3D 4.x

PS I'll be dual booting with Linux. Not sure which one yet maybe you can help me out. :( am checking distrowatch

Now you might be wondering why I posted such a long post and encouraging *ahem* P*r*cy. Well first of am not encouraging it, I just can't afford it yet. And the way things are going, I will have to afford it and will buy it - together with an ASUS ROG Laptop to go with those stuff.
This post is mainly for if you wanna know what kinda software I run on top of my hardware as everyday software, a kind of guiding light. :-) Well anyway gotta go, and start the long backup! especially those 'micro-files' in the Android SDK that will take the whole night. But I got work arounds! by Sunday Morning, I'll be having everything!
Adieu!
Computer Name (Avalon)
HDD - 320GB
Windows Partition - 100Gb by 1.024 (bits n bytes) aka KorraOS(Dedz to Legend of Korra)
Linux Partition       - 20GB   by 1.024 (bits n bytes) aka AxleOS
Data Partition        - The Rest                                  aka Junk       (Cuz it really is Junk)

PPS: My New Nexus 7 is coming Next week and am proud to say its fully paid! So I'll be doing an unboxing and also putting a custom rom in it... Maybe Paranoid Android... (Love those guys) anyway, this is Windows 8 so al stick to that

Copyright @ 2013 Julz-Beats. Designed by Templateism | MyBloggerLab

About Metro

Follow us on Facebook